Sir Rod Stewart Cancels US Tour After Successful Heart Procedure
Sir Rod Stewart, 81, canceled the remainder of his "One Last Time" US tour after undergoing a routine coronary stent procedure. He had previously postponed a Cincinnati show and canceled a Cleveland show due to a minor medical issue. Doctors advised four weeks of rest for recovery. The tour had already covered Europe and the US. Stewart expressed disappointment but said he is feeling better. This follows a June incident where he needed oxygen during a Utah performance.
Editorial responsibility
- No named human review is recorded for this page.
- Reports are grouped by semantic similarity and deterministic rules. Language models may assist titles, summaries, translation and cross-source analysis; the page itself is projected from evidence records.
- Current automated evidence projection
Cross-source coverage
Wire timeline
Rod Stewart cancels farewell tour dates after undergoing successful heart procedure
Legendary rocker Rod Stewart has canceled the remaining dates of his 2026 farewell tour after undergoing a successful coronary stent procedure. The 80-year-old singer had the routine heart surgery following a health scare weeks earlier, when he nearly passed out during a show in Utah. Multiple news outlets, including The Guardian, ABC News, NBC News, and CBS News, reported that Stewart's team announced the cancellation of all remaining tour dates to allow for his recovery. The procedure was described as successful and routine, but doctors advised him to rest. The cancellation affects several scheduled performances, including a planned concert at the Minnesota State Fair Grandstand. Stewart had been on his farewell tour, which was set to run through 2026.
Rod Stewart Cancels Tour Dates After Successful Heart Surgery
British pop star Rod Stewart, aged 81, has canceled the remaining dates of his current tour following a routine but successful heart procedure. The singer announced on Instagram that doctors are satisfied with his recovery but advised a four-week rest period. This means he will miss planned concerts in Las Vegas, Des Moines, Kansas City, and Mexico. Stewart had previously missed performances in Cincinnati and Cleveland. In mid-June, he required oxygen backstage during a concert in Utah, appearing weak and barely moving. Stewart expressed disappointment to fans but said he is feeling much better and looks forward to returning to the stage soon.
Rod Stewart Cancels Remainder of US Tour After Coronary Stent Procedure
Sir Rod Stewart, 81, has canceled the remaining dates of his current US tour after undergoing a routine coronary stent procedure. The singer had previously postponed one show and canceled another due to an unforeseen medical issue. His team announced on Tuesday that doctors are pleased with his recovery and he has returned to normal daily activities, but on medical advice he will take four weeks to recuperate before returning to the stage. Stewart expressed disappointment at missing shows and apologized to fans, but said he looks forward to performing again soon. The tour, titled 'One Last Time,' had already taken him across Europe and the US. In 2024, Stewart stated he has no desire to retire but indicated these shows would likely be his last large-scale world tours.
Show 3 older updatesHide older updates
Rod Stewart Cancels Remainder of US Tour After Coronary Stent Operation
Sir Rod Stewart, 81, has canceled the remainder of his current US tour after undergoing a routine coronary stent procedure. The singer had previously postponed one show and canceled another due to an unforeseen medical issue. His team announced on Tuesday night that doctors advised him to take four weeks to recuperate and regain full fitness before returning to the stage. Stewart expressed disappointment at missing shows and apologizing to fans, but stated he is feeling better and on the mend. The tour, titled 'One Last Time,' had already taken him across Europe and the US. In 2024, Stewart stated he has no desire to retire but indicated these shows would likely mark the end of large-scale world tours.
Sir Rod Stewart Cancels Second Live Show in a Week After Minor Medical Procedure
Sir Rod Stewart, the 81-year-old singer, has cancelled two live shows within a week due to medical reasons. He postponed a performance in Cincinnati, Ohio on Sunday after an unforeseen but minor medical procedure required prompt attention. The venue stated rescheduling is underway and Stewart is expected to make a quick recovery. Subsequently, he also cancelled a show scheduled for Tuesday night in Cleveland, Ohio, after doctors advised him to rest for at least 48 hours following a period of monitoring. Stewart is currently on his 'One Last Time' tour across Europe and the US. He has previously stated he has no desire to retire but indicated this tour may mark the end of large-scale world tours. In June, he briefly paused a performance in Utah to receive oxygen. Stewart has hinted at a UK tour in 2027, which he suggested might be his last.
Sir Rod Stewart Cancels Two Live Shows in a Week After Minor Medical Procedure
Sir Rod Stewart, the 81-year-old singer, has canceled two live shows within a week on medical grounds. He postponed a performance in Cincinnati, Ohio on Sunday due to an unforeseen but minor medical procedure requiring prompt attention. The venue stated rescheduling is underway and Stewart is expected to make a quick recovery. He subsequently canceled a show in Cleveland, Ohio on Tuesday after doctors advised him to rest for at least 48 hours. Stewart is currently on his 'One Last Time' tour across Europe and the US. In 2024, he stated he has no desire to retire but indicated this tour would likely end large-scale world tours. This follows an incident in June where he paused a performance in Utah to receive oxygen.